Motorcycle Diaries

Loooong loooong ago...I used to blog :P
well during the break (donno when its gonna end), I've decided to go with my dad to my grandparents place on the bike. I was told to go by bus as it was mid summer and this time the temperatures shot up above 45 degrees. But still, I thought it will be just a matter of 1:30 hrs. But it turned out to be one of the disasters. Not in the sense that we met with a road-accident, but with fate ofcourse. My dad dint listen to me when I said tht we cud fill up a few ltrs of petrol. He said the tank holds enough petrol to take us to the destination. In the mid way, we went to a relatives house and had lunch there itself. oh my...my expectation of 1:30 hrs journey turned out to be a dumb one there itself. Now guess what? Not even 20 mins passed by after leaving tht place, the bike stopped. The reason...the petrol got evaporated due to the hot sun :o :o :o
I had to go some 4 kms to the nearest petrol dealer ( the pan-shop in the nearby village). Somehow I managed to go there and back again...we started to grandparents house. On the way, my dad stopped at a petrol bunk and got the tank filled to the brim :P as he realized how his expectation turned out. Finally after reaching the destination, I rushed upstairs and all I got back is a huge laugh from everyone. Well tht concludes part-1.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
PART - II

I went to Hyderabad to my cousins place, There, I drove my cousin to his work-place and then I started back. Did I tell you that I was'nt alone? my younger cousin(hardly 4 years old) is also with me, sitting in front of me. At first I got confused with the roads but somehow managed to get back to the right route. It was my first time....riding a bike on Hyderabad roads. And just as I was feeling comfortable with this experience, a wagon-R which is just few mtrs ahead of me stopped suddenly and my brake pedal was not in a good condition. I should have lifted my leg from the foot-rest and apply full pressure on the brake pedal but just cud'nt do it as my cousin's leg blocked my way in tht short span of time. Naturally my bike collided with the car. Luckily nobody got hurt...oops..not everyone...the car had some scratches and the bumper was damaged. It costed me 9000 bucks and a few hours of time to get rid of the whole scene. But the actual cost is just 7000 but I was blamed for another damage. I could'nt help but pay the whole 9000 bucks to get my bike keys back. My poor little cousin. He got completely scared and was pestering me all the way asking me to take him home.
Now the irony here is, the previous night, we were having a discussion and I told my brother-"nannu chudu...ippati varaku okka accident aina chesana?"(See how good I was at bike riding...not even a single accident)
----------------------------------------------------------------------

PS: well sorry for adding extra crap here and there but cud'nt help it.

Comments

  1. 9000 bucks?? [:O] That is insane.
    All hail Murphy. [:D]

    ReplyDelete
  2. @PSR
    Hmmmm....Heres the rough copy of the itemized bill :P
    The bumper costed around 1700 bucks, its paint around 2000 bucks.
    The paint for metal casing between the cargo and the bumper around 2000 bucks.
    And 1000 bucks for some other small damage under the bumper
    The extra damage tht I was blamed for is the scratches and some impact on the right-back door.
    (Obviously the broken bumper cannot reach tht door and I hit the car straight in the middle of the bumper)

    I dint expect the paint to cost tht much for a dabba car

    Hail Murphy :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL.Too much. I am happy you din pay for his heart surgery cos he thought he suffered an attack cos of ur accident.Poor you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

One pleasant morning

routine lo variety

Hectic Week