Tour of Eastern Ghats - Preface

Maredumilli - I heard about this place first from my brother, when he visited it with his friends, and told me stories about how beautiful it was there, and about the famous 'Bamboo Chicken'.
I thought I would visit this place when I get a chance, and enjoy the nature. This was in 2013.

An opportunity that came as close to fulfilling this as it can get was the 'AP tour de Heritage' ride in 2018. It was supposed to be a 2 week bicycle (bike) ride covering all the heritage sites of Andhra Pradesh, and the tour was split into two parallel rides, one covering the northern AP and the other covering southern AP. When I heard about it, I immediately thought  that I would join, and cover the northern part, as that would include riding through Maredumilli. Besides, northern part would be cooler and the places in southern part which I was interested in were already covered in the 'Horsely Hills High' multi-day bike tour a couple of times. The leaves were approved and I was excited about the ride. I even planned to ride on my single-speed and practiced climbing on it. But as fate turned out, the ride got postponed by a couple of weeks, and the parallel rides were clubbed together as one single ride lasting 3 weeks. The leaves won't be granted for that long and I had to let go of the tour.

The Bike Affair (TBA) team, with whom I ride often, came up with the 'Tour of Eastern Ghats' ride spanning 5 days covering about 583+ km in 2019. This would start at Bhadrachalam and end in Vizag. Though I was very much interested in the ride as it covers all the places I wanted to visit on my bike including Maredumilli and Araku, I felt that this needed more leaves (which I am not privileged to have at my new work place), more budget (a little higher than my previous tours), and travel expenses for both the bike and myself. Also a recent investment in a new wheel and a trainer made things worse. I thought I might need to let this go with a heavy heart, and did not register for the ride.

As it turns out, fate again had different plans! One of the registered riders had to call it off due to work commitments, and I was approached to find out if I am interested in filling up the slot. Also, I was told that I won't need to take as many leaves as we have a public holiday along with a weekend falling in the tour schedule. I thought that I should not leave this opportunity and right away informed that I would join the ride.

Having acquaintance with almost all the riders, and this being a time I love to go outdoors to enjoy nature in its full glory, I again started waiting for the day I would embark on this journey.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One pleasant morning

routine lo variety

Hectic Week