Heights of Revolution

When I was a kid,
I remember studying about green revolution and how it bought about a vast change in the way crops were cultivated
Now recently Idea people launched an ad. Its about going mobile - going green.
For those of you who have no idea what idea is, heres what the ad suggests -
'Stop using paper, use mobiles instead of wasting paper and thus save trees.'
This doesn't sound bad though I doubt if the solution is effective.
Firstly, using mobiles instead of paper means discharging the battery of the mobiles.
This means more power consumption, which leads to usage of both renewable and non-renewable resourses.
Which means more pollution. Though typing a document/email in computer instead of writing on paper saves both time and paper, I still feel that the 'idea' has a defect.
The last time I went to my relatives place, all my paternal relatives had a get-together.
And one of them happened to say, 'I love plants. I enjoyed my childhood by spending most of the time in fields and gardens. I have a goal. I want to show my son a mango garden before he is done with his schooling'
OK, I know I ran a little off topic, but heres what I wanted to share.
I hope atleast some of you know about facebook (a social networking website) and the games (such as farmville, mafia wars) which are popular on it.
Again, for those of you who don't know, farmville is about maintaining an online farm which includes activities like cultivating crops, growing trees, maintaing poultry etc
I have seen people playing this game to such extent that they force their friends to start playing the game (or atleast create an account in it) and add them as friends, so that they can use extra benefits in the game and get to the next level more swiftly.
And some play games like punching/slapping someone, doing pull ups/push ups etc.
One day I literally started rolling on the floor laughing my guts out when I saw my roommate doing the following stunt -
He was lying down on the bed comfortably and staring at the laptop's monitor playing a game which looked like a running race in Olympics.
I hope you got my point.
These games avert many people from their regular hobbies, physical exercises or any other productive activities which benefit their physical and mental health.
How many of you stopped or reduced activities such as - playing your guitar/violin; going on evening walks; enjoying the fresh air outdoors; games like football, badminton etc; drawing/sketching; gardening; photography; after getting a PC/laptop or an internet connection? And how many of you got bored of getting bored?
The weight you put on after reducing outdoor activity takes on your nerves every time you take a look at yourself. Doesn't it?
Think about it. Your PC, fan/AC, internet server etc all run on power. Shutting them down for sometime wont hurt.
I am sure getting back to old hobbies in this short while makes you much more happy :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One pleasant morning

Hectic Week

routine lo variety