The good, the bad and the ugly (abt placements)

It wud seem rather funny to read abt placements and interviews in this month of september....but wid ppl like me, these kinda situations are quite common. But whats uncommon is the way I mess wid these situations as well.

I applied for companies in elitmus. Waited long for jobs. Somehow my lappy and luggage were left with relatives and I got back home after attending a couple of marriages (one in hyd and another in vja) on the same day. Now I thought of attending adiance and reliance in coll and booked tickets. After I landed here in DA-IICT, I chk my mails only to see tht one company called for interview and the deadline for accepting it expired just the previous day!!!
----------------------------------------------------
I attended Adiance and they dint call for the interview after having a face to face talk, couple of questions and viewing my resume. These are the only factors they consider to shortlist for the interview and no written test.
----------------------------------------------------
We were told tht Reliance was coming on 8th and 9th. But they came on 7th and conducted the written test. We came to know abt it on 7th nite. Poor Arun!! He came all the way frm Hyd on flight to attend Reliance.
----------------------------------------------------
The next day morning, we talked to placement officer and he was hopeless. We gaveup our hopes but just after tht, he showed us a guy (later we came to know tht he is the HR) and told to ask him. He talked to us and allowed us to sit for the interview and said tht he wud arrange for the test later if necessary. The interview went good. It was a HR interview!! I thought I would leave on 11th happily as the results were expected to come in 15 days and tht we wud be informed the next day if they want to conduct the test.
----------------------------------------------------
As we dint get the mail, we contacted the placement officer and he told tht the results wud be out on 11th mostly and if not we need to meet him again the next day. So I cancelled my ticket and booked one for 15th. Donno what happens next...
----------------------------------------------------
No matter how it is, how it was and how it will be, its my life and I choose it :)

Comments

  1. yea, the placement process in our coll shud be more student-friendly.they shdu have the upper hand and negotiate well with the companies for our sake.
    gud luck with the results dude :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

One pleasant morning

Hectic Week

routine lo variety